Friday, November 1, 2024

A Slight Setback

 



Last Sunday I got a text from Noah telling me that he signed us up to donate blood. This was shocking for two reasons: a. Noah does not do well with needles and b. He has a history of passing out at the sight of his own blood. But there was a need!


Man I love him in a crewneck. And I love that Noah is the type of person who will answer the call. 
Even though he hates it… case in point: 


Unfortunately, they wouldn’t let me donate blood because I couldn’t prove whether or not I had malaria when I lived in Liberia so Noah had to do it on his own. And he was being really brave! 
But then his face went white, the nausea hit, and that was the end of that. 

The ARUP people responded quick and professional with ice packs, a throw up bag, and kind words of encouragement. I really wanted to run up and hold his hand and hold him up so he didn’t fall out of his chair, but I didn’t want to lose my observation privileges so I sat in my chair and took pictures instead. 

He did not think it was funny and was pretty discouraged about it afterward but I’m proud of him for trying his best! I always joke with Noah about leaving him in the hall when I have a baby so that I don’t have to give birth alone while the nurses surround him with ice and throw up bags on the hospital floor. But truthfully, Noah responds quick in crisis. I learned in August that I’m in good hands. 

Well… It was a noble attempt!




No comments:

Post a Comment