Sunday, November 17, 2024

Tony-of-All-Trades


Did I say one million projects? I meant two. 
I’ve hated the tile around our fireplace since we moved in. So when my dad offered to come and put some brick over the fireplace, it was the easiest yes ever. I might be biased but I really think he did a better job than any professional could have done. 

I love it when my dad comes over. I just love my dad in general. 

The morning of my wedding, I gave each member of my family a handwritten letter (one of my many love languages) and a personal gift. Although words could never really convey the depth of my feelings, in my letter to my dad I tried my best to express my admiration of him and my pride in being his daughter. I told him that it made me sad to think that I would no longer have his last name as my own. But I also said, 

“I remind myself that I have your nose. I have your dark hair and olive skin. I have your taste in music and your love for Christmas. I have your strength in writing and your "spirit of the law" mentality. I have your need for freedom and your dislike of math, bosses, and 9-5s. I have your sense of humor and your love of home. And although I will no longer have your last name, few things bring me more comfort than to know I will always be your daughter.”

It does bring me comfort to know that I will always be the daughter of the best dad in the world! 


Meanwhile, Noah and I finished our bathroom tile and then hung out at Noah’s parent’s house to decompress to the sound of 10 squealing children. Who I should note, I am obsessed with. Squealing and all. 



Remi, Jade, and Huntley 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment