We spent a cozy Thanksgiving up in Wallsburg with Noah’s family. Lots of food, family, legos, and games!
I made the decision to stop watching the news when I was a junior in high school. The default setting on our home desktop computer was the yahoo search engine with Fox and NY Times plastered all over the front page so I saw the news when I wasn’t looking for it. It was usually heavy and depressing. There are some things that are just worth letting go of and for me, the decision to carefully and thoughtfully select the media I consume is one of the best decisions I’ve made!
There are a lot of people who tell me that it’s good to be informed, and I agree. But I love being able to educate myself on my own terms, to handpick reliable sources, and consult and discuss with people I respect and trust.
All this to say, I’ve found that by filtering out the negativity, I have so much more room for contentment, peace, inspiration, light, and joy.
It’s not lost on me how blessed I am!










No comments:
Post a Comment