Monday, July 8, 2024

You & Me

 I worked at the library during my last semester at Utah State. I actually worked at the library at Snow College too and it was my favorite job I’ve had but that’s beside the point. On the first official day of school, I was working at the front desk and locked eyes with this blonde hair blue eyed boy from Provo. I thought I must have known him from somewhere because he smiled (his first notable quality. Man does he have a good looking smile) and so I waved. And then he walked away. I assumed we wouldn’t talk again and didn’t really give it much thought.

Behind the scenes, he called his Dad and said “Dad, I think I just saw my wife.” His dad said “Does she know that?” He said, “Not yet.” It’s my favorite part of our story. I used to think those things only happen in the movies. I’m so glad he knew because it took me much longer to get on board. 

The following week Noah came and introduced himself, got my number, and started texting me. He went to institute with me once and played with my rings during class. He “forgot” to give them back after and told me he would just give them to me the next time he saw me. I didn’t like that so I got in the car and drove to his house and ranted to my mom the whole drive over about how this guy I don’t know took my stuff and is annoying and how I was never talking to him again after I picked my rings up. 

Well we spent a few hours talking in the middle of the road and the rest is history. He’s the best!!! 

Noah and I helped set up my sister’s proposal about 6 months after we started dating. I remember frantically dropping flower petals while he lit candles and I tracked their location. In my moment of panic I said, “When you propose to me I don’t want a set up, photographer, or anyone there. Just do it in the moment.” 

November 10, 2023, we were sitting on the couch in his parent’s living room and Noah asked me if I was sure I didn’t want a photographer, family, or a big set up when he proposed to me. I said I was sure, blinked, and he was on one knee on the edge of the couch holding the wedding ring of my Pinterest dreams. Engaged!

When we first started dating, we went bowling with Noah’s family at Miracle Bowl in Provo. They have a little Photo Booth there and we took a photo strip which I loved and kept in my car and then my journal after that. The night we got engaged, we jumped up, drove to Miracle Bowl, and took a “just engaged” photo strip. No photographer, no problem! It’s been mostly wedding bells and rose colored glasses ever since. Mostly.

Noah looks like a baby in the first strip!



Don’t mind me holding my hand up in every picture taken after that.


No comments:

Post a Comment