This morning I got to the studio at 6:15am. Getting up early after going to bed so late is normally hard, but today was easier than most days because I didn’t sleep that good anyway. I love to walk out the back door in the Summer when the breeze is still cool and the birds waking up is the only sound. I read this thing about how birds only chirp when there is no danger around. So we humans have an evolutionary pre-wiring in our brain that releases a hormone that helps us feel peace when we hear the sound of birds. I thought that was kind of sweet.
I love setting up the studio for my early morning classes before the rest of the world is awake. I love the sun rising up over the mountains and shining directly into my face through the front window for a daily dose of Vitamin D. I love seeing people feel empowered in their own bodies when they can do something they couldn’t do only weeks before. I love the fulfillment I feel when clients tell me they love my classes or my teaching style. There is something about the high that comes from the burn in your muscles after too many pulses or the equal parts strength and weightlessness you feel when your body is lifting in the air during flying splits.
I have been teaching 4 classes a week at Atomic Pilates, a reformer studio by my parent’s house, since right after they opened in August 2023. I genuinely love teaching. Well, everything but the anticipation anxiety about programming new workouts every Wednesday night lol. I also feel like it’s really helped me to feel more comfortable moving my own body. Movement feels more like play than work.
I just want to remember that right now, I love what I do.



No comments:
Post a Comment