We’ve been on a family trip to Bear Lake! This trip was our last real trip before Boston leaves on his mission and it was seriously the best time. So good that I had a lump in my throat the entire drive home and could have cried at any given moment. I love these people!!!
Day 1: We drove up, unloaded into the cutest beach house themed condo right across from the lake. The view from the back deck was unbelievable and I couldn’t get over it the entire trip. Then we all went on a walk together and started Oceans’ 11.
Day 2: Beach Day! We spent the morning playing a mini pickleball tournament. The girls went from players to cheerleaders really quick. It was hot! Then we spent the rest of the day at the beach soaking up the sun and dunking in the cool refreshing lake water. Sort of refreshing lake water.. it was pretty cold haha. Then we stopped by Zipz to grab shakes and burgers for dinner. Except me and alexis actually got grilled cheese and tomato soup which I could barely eat because I was still kind of battling this weird stomach virus I’ve had for 3 WEEKS. We ended the night with the rest of Oceans’ 11, half of Oceans’ 12, and the most incredible lakeside thunderstorm that put me right to sleep.
Day 3: Started the morning out with pickleball again and then went to hike Bloomington Lake until we found out the drive would be 1.5 hrs. We collectively decided we weren’t in the mood for 3 hours of driving and rerouted to the shops instead! Everyone was looking for the perfect Bear Lake t-shirt which no one actually bought once we found a little stand up shop called Ty’s Dyes. Some kid from Logan thrifts shirts and revamps them with some really cool prints. Everyone ended up picking up a non-Bear lake t-shirt to commemorate the trip except for me and my parents who picked out 0 and Kiegan who picked out 6. Then Noah and I made shredded chicken tacos and cast iron street corn for dinner. It was a hit! Finished the night with some Jack box games, the rest of Ocean’s 12, and another summer thunderstorm!!! The best in the world!!!
Day 4: We had a lot of plans for our last full day, but the thunderstorm from the night before didn’t end up clearing until late afternoon. We ended up playing a lot of Jack box games, the girls tinted eyebrows and lashes, and then my worst nightmare: Noah cut off his hair. ALL OF IT. I just about had a meltdown over it even though I’ve been preparing myself for this since our wedding. It was kind of devastating, but to be honest, it actually turned out pretty good. Goodbye cute wild hair that flipped out from under his hat. Hello professional business man Noah. It’s been a few days and I actually like it now. When the sun came out, we spent a few hours at the pool making funny videos and getting some last day vitamin D, picked up shakes again from Zipz which were not a hit the second time around. We unfortunately all picked out cereal flavors. It was not the move. Finished the night with, yep you guessed it, Oceans’ 13, and Jack box games until late!
Day 5: We packed everything up, hit the visitors ward for church, and drove home! Depressing.













No comments:
Post a Comment