Thursday, July 4, 2024

Happy 4th of July!


Happy Fourth of July! Our morning started out with a flight out of Mexico (remember how I left my phone?) Our trip to Mexico may have been cut short but we got to spend the 4th on US soil so no tears were shed. 

We had an impromptu BBQ and pool party at Noah’s parent’s house, followed by the best firework show in the park behind their house. The fireworks were right above our heads and they were HUGE! It got a little cold towards the end of the night so we threw on sweatshirts, made stovetop hot chocolate with a generous topping of whipped cream, and dodged firework shrapnel until dark. We love the red, white, and blue!




The mountain backdrop was unreal during sunset. I took about a million pictures on Noah’s phone. I’ve been trying to convince him to let us start sharing phones since I lost mine, but the 80+ pictures I took on his phone unfortunately made him decide it wasn’t a good idea. That, and when I accidentally locked myself out of our house and had no way to contact him. Weird, right?


Poor Summer was so afraid of the fireworks and stayed curled up in Noah’s lap for most of the firework show. He’s going to be a good dad. 


Noah’s parent’s came out in matching flannels. They are cute.


Living out of the country really deepened my love and appreciation for the country we live in. There is so much variety in the landscapes, food choices, seasons, and opportunity. I feel super grateful and blessed to be living the life that I do when there is so much suffering around the world. It’s easy to forget that the safety and freedoms I often take for granted came at a cost. I am forever grateful to the people who put everything on the line to provide a life of safety, freedom, and big hopes and dreams for the rest of us. God bless the USA! 







No comments:

Post a Comment