Thursday, July 4, 2024

Goodbye Mexico

 We’ve spent the last couple of days getting sunburned on the beach and drinking coconut banana shakes in Mexico. Everything was dreamy until we were updated that the entire resort and surrounding hotels were being evacuated to shelters in the morning to wait out Hurricane Beryl. Luckily, we knew ahead of time and planned to fly out Thursday morning (instead of Saturday like we had originally planned) so we could spend the Fourth of July at home instead of in a shelter. We are so so blessed. I felt bad watching Mexico get smaller and smaller out of my plane window knowing that the entire coast was facing an abrupt end to their vacations and work days. I also felt bad flying thousands of miles away from my phone which I left on the hotel room bed. First world problems. 


iPad photo of Noah sleeping peacefully knowing that his phone is safe in his hands. 
He’s actually probably just tired after spending 30 minutes on the phone with the resort to find my phone. It’s nice to be married to someone takes care of me and speaks Spanish.


No comments:

Post a Comment