Wednesday, October 30, 2024

Welcome to Nostalgia Land


We went to Hogwarts for Hallows Eve! Ralph and Jackie’s neighbor does a really cool themed walkthrough his backyard every year for Halloween. This year we walked through Diagon Alley, went shopping for wands at Ollivander’s, made a pit stop at the quidditch arena, and stopped for butter beer and j-dogs in front of Hagrid’s hut on the way out. 

My family are pretty hardcore Harry Potter fans ever since my dad created mini hyper-realistic models of several different Harry Potter scenes. He even went so far as to start 3D printing the entire Hogwarts castle. It’s pretty magical and nostalgic. 
Unfortunately, I am the least well-versed in all things Harry Potter and it really showed after this event. Motivated by his disappointment in me, Noah decided that he was going to take my education into his own hands and we started the Harry Potter movies that night. I can’t get through 2 minutes without asking  25 questions but I’m totally into them! 

I’m thinking we just started a new Halloween tradition, especially because scary horror movies are not a thing in this house.




Throwback to Star Wars land with Bowie last Halloween Eve
And to Noahs long hair ); 




I’m sorry, but tell me Bowie doesn’t look identical to “Jojo” from Jojo Rabbit in this picture. 


No comments:

Post a Comment