I drove a 1997 Honda Civic for all of high school and college. The interior was falling apart when I got the car, but it was the most reliable car of all time. In all of the years I drove it, I never once had to take it into a shop. In fact, the only issue I ever had was when a huge deer ran into my car and smashed the front headlight, power steering fluid reservoir, and the hood and bumper. I replaced the headlight and psfr with my cowboy neighbor at Snow, and then drove it for the next several years with a dented hood and black zip ties holding my white bumper together.
Well last year the civic finally killed over on the freeway and I replaced it with a manual 2004 Toyota Rav 4. Manual. Stick shift. I had to learn stick shift.
It was scarier than learning to drive a car for the first time at 15. Even rolling up to a stop sign felt like trauma waiting to happen. Long story short, it took me a few months and a few meltdowns but I did eventually become the confident driver of a manual and commuted with it between Provo, Bluffdale, and Kaysville every day. One of my proudest moments as an adult.
In close second would be that I mowed the lawn for the first time on Saturday while Noah was golfing with friends. I got gas, started it, emptied the bag, and mowed my entire front and backyard, weed whacking included. And I honestly think I did a pretty good job. Maybe a 14 year old boy can also mow the lawn start to finish by himself, but his dad probably taught him and no one taught me.



No comments:
Post a Comment