Our summer peach crop is coming to an end. I picked the last of the peaches off of the tree this weekend. It was kind of depressing actually. This week I drew up an Italian menu so we could get the best use of our new little basil plant. Meatball subs, stuffed zucchini boats, grilled chicken with garlic butter & cucumber peach salad, and my personal favorite, peach pizza from scratch.
The pizza crust is a simple mix of self rising flour and 0% fat Plain Greek Yogurt pressed into some olive oil. I cut bright yellow kernels of corn right off the cob and sliced juicy peaches while a rich homemade basil garlic marinara sauce bubbled on the stove. I smothered the crust in the hot tomato sauce and topped it with the fresh corn, peaches, pepperoni, basil, and shredded mozzarella cheese. In hindsight, I think some red onions would have made a great edition. Noah added a little extra pepperoni on his, and I added a little extra peach and basil on mine.
My Summer pizza rendition was a success! I think I will create a fun Fall pizza as well once the air is crisp and the leaves start dropping. Stay tuned!



No comments:
Post a Comment