Thursday, August 15, 2024

24 in 2024

 

I turned 24! Growing up, my birthday (August 15th) was often the first day of school. I love Summer and having an August birthday makes the close of Summer a little easier to handle. Although I have to admit, I’m actually really excited for Fall this year. I’m craving cozy. I want orange trees, apple and pumpkin treats, cooler weather, cozy sweaters, turning on the fireplace, and I’m even excited to work in my yard. 

Anyway, Noah made me breakfast in bed on my birthday which was really sweet. My parents always did that for us growing up but I would usually take my downstairs so I could eat with everyone else. This year, Noah had to work the morning so I actually ate in my bed. It was kind of fun. 

When Noah got home from work, he took me to lunch at Cubby’s and then surprised me with an impromptu movie trip to see It Ends With Us. I love Blake Lively in Age of Adeline, one of my favorite movies of all time, and so I really wanted to see this new movie. I actually really liked it and felt inspired by her crazy sense of style and her flower shop in the movie. There are also some pretty heavy topics about DV in the movie. I feel pretty lucky to feel so safe in my relationship with Noah. I can’t even imagine how sad and scary it would be to have to worry about the person you love hurting you.  

After that, we made a return to Anthropolgie and walked around the store. Everything in Anthropologie is very eccentric so it felt appropriate considering the outfits in It Ends With Us. 

We finished the night with presents and sourdough cinnamon rolls with brown butter frosting and hot baked peaches with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream on top. It was so amazing its sending me spiraling just thinking about it!

  



No comments:

Post a Comment