I love the part in THIS VIDEO where the girl says “It’s my dad!”
It makes me emotional. You can see her absolute adoration for her dad written all over her face.
I absolutely adore my dad too.
I was always really proud of my dad growing up. I wore being “Tony Rigby’s daughter” like a badge of honor. Everyone likes my dad. He is good at everything. Speaking, writing, art, he is athletic, witty, handsome, funny, and easy to spend time with.
My dad has always been the guy to call. If I need advice, I call my dad. If I need someone to listen, I call my dad. If I don’t know what to do about a car issue, home reno project, or tax filing problem, I call my dad.
My first time going through the temple was kind of rough on me. I was just a little overwhelmed. When I walked into the Celestial room, my dad was there. I was so relieved. Safe is where my dad is. He hugged me and said “I’ll be there to welcome you to heaven just like this.” Mostly I hope he wont have to and we can just walk in together.
Watching my dad give haircuts on my mom’s red barstools were a staple part of my childhood. Alexis usually cuts Noah’s hair but one time she wasn’t available and Noah needed his hair trimmed. My dad pulled out his clippers and cut Noah’s hair. It was full circle for me to watch my dad cut my husband’s hair after watching him do it one hundred times to himself, my brother, and my cousins growing up. I was 100% confident it would turn out great because I am 100% confident in my dad.
The vintage music and fall slideshow on the TV in the background reminds me of my dad too. He is big on nostalgia.
I told my dad that I cant wait for my kids to grow up knowing him. It’s because he will probably be their favorite person in the world.
Proof:

Happy birthday to the best in the world! In-formal barber! The guy to call!
My dad!!!







No comments:
Post a Comment