Monday, July 8, 2024

1 Month as Noah’s Wife

 We got married one month ago today! In some ways it feels like it’s always been this way. In others it feels like we got married yesterday. It’s been so special to start building a life together. Our house is a construction zone right now so we have been sleeping in our living room with cheap plastic tablecloths taped over the windows. Noah works Mon-Fri and I clean, work in the yard, work on the house renovations, program my pilates classes for the week, and make dinner for when he comes home. I was made to be a wife. Really. 

My favorite things to do this summer have been going to get Hakulia snow cones on Saturday nights, snacking on cold watermelon, going on Sunday morning walks around the park by our house, grocery shopping together, and going on Vespa rides. We were riding the Vespa around everywhere to save on gas. I would wait all day for Noah to get home so he could take me on a ride. It gave me new life. And then Noah’s sister took the Vespa to her house and now they ride it everywhere. But it’s hers. So that was the end of that and now I think we need one. 

We also hiked the Y, went to church at our new ward, had a BBQ at Noah’s parents pool with my family, got breakfast at Waffle Love, took a trip to Mexico, had a Fourth of July pool party and firework show, and spent a weekend at Noah’s family ranch in Wallsburg, 

One of the worst parts about leaving my phone in Mexico is that I don’t have any of the pictures I’ve taken to document our first month of marriage. I was doing a really good job documenting our life before that so I’m really sad that the best pictures are sitting in a resort lobby desk drawer. Or at least that’s where it was before my phone died and I wasn’t able to track it anymore. I was able to pull some pictures from texts that I’ve sent to my mom and sisters over the past month. So this is what I have to show for 1 month as Noah’s wife, my favorite role yet! 



   




Provo, UT from the Y! 
If the difficulty level of this hike was up to me, I would rate it “very difficult.” Or at least difficult enough that I feel a little proud every time I see the Y on side of the mountain now.


Sleepy sunrise hikers. Out of shape but determined on the left, extremely patient and sweet on the right.




No comments:

Post a Comment